Assisting your Appraiser
In order for the appraiser to perform his/her job properly there might be requirements
for additional information. Some information that may be requested is as follows:
- What is the purpose of the appraisal?
- Is property listed for sale and if so, for how much and with whom?
- Is there a mortgage? If so, with whom, when placed, for how much, type
of mortgage [FHA, VA etc.], interest rate, and any other types of financing.
- What personal properties, such as appliances, are included in the property?
- If it is an income-producing property, a breakdown of income and expenses
for the last year or two and a copy of lease might be required.
- Provide a copy of deed, survey, purchase agreement or other pertinent papers
pertaining to the property.
- Provide a copy of current real estate tax bill, statement of special assessments,
balance owing and on what [sewer, water, etc.].